Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Rockabilly - Find in this ring sites concerning the music, aura, tattoos, cars, pinups, duds and gear pertinent to rockabilly, alt co

Forums     Login   Signup

Rockabilly

Manager: genessa
Sites dedicated to rockabilly music and culture. Rockabilly is music which combines elements of hillbilly and rock 'n' roll. Followers of rockabilly music often adopt a life-style which can be called rockabilly culture.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Johnny Burnette was born this day in 1934 - 03/25/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gJlWUgDXjMo/T2uXBQ_2K5I/AAAAAAAAA5c/ZP9xUIw3P0M/s320/Johnny_Burnette.jpg

Johnny Burnette was born this day in 1934 in Memphis, TN.  Johnny and his older brother Dorsey formed a trio with guitarist Paul Burlison called The Rock and Roll Trio.  These wild, early rockabilly tunes have become classics with songs like "Train Kept A Rollin'", "Honey Hush", "Tear It Up", "Rock Billy Boogie", "Lonesome Train" and so many more.  Johnny & Dorsey also wrote many great hits for others including Ricky Nelson ("It's Late", "I Believe What You Say", "Waitin' In School" and more).  As a solo artist, Johnny enjoyed success with songs like "You're Sixteen", "God, Country & My Baby", "Dreamin", "Cincinnati Fireball" and more.  Burnette continued to record until his untimely death in August of 1964 at the young age of 30. "Lonesome Train" "Hound Dog" "Dreamin" "You're Sixteen" "Cincinnati Fireball"

Johnny Burnette was born this day in 1934

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy