Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Rockabilly - Find in this ring sites concerning the music, aura, tattoos, cars, pinups, duds and gear pertinent to rockabilly, alt co

Forums     Login   Signup

Rockabilly

Manager: genessa
Sites dedicated to rockabilly music and culture. Rockabilly is music which combines elements of hillbilly and rock 'n' roll. Followers of rockabilly music often adopt a life-style which can be called rockabilly culture.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Bill Yerkes on Surfboards, Stratocasters, Striped Shirts - 02/02/2013
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ploorx3PnjA/UQ1mu4VBioI/AAAAAAAAB5o/MhX4DOvEY2Q/s400/ActualBookCover.jpg

Have you ever wanted to go back in time and be a fly on the wall during important periods in rock & roll history?  Maybe you could have heard conversations happening with Buddy Holly, Big Bopper, Ritchie Valens and Dion on the Winter Dance Party tour in 1959.  Perhaps, you could have listened in as The Beatles were about to appear on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964.  If you're a Beach Boys fan, what if you could go back to when they were still wearing their striped shirts in 1966 and about to release some of their greatest material?  "Balsa" Bill Yerkes did just that as he chronicled 4 concerts during that year.  The first one was a couple of weeks before Pet Sounds was released!  Another show had them discussing an upcoming single called "Good Vibrations".  The band had no idea the music they made that year would impact pop music and culture forever.  Bruce Johnston shared some wonderful insight in the foreword he wrote for the book as well.  We talked with Bill about the pictures and stories he compiled in  The Beach Boys on Tour 1966, Surfboards, Stratocasters, Striped Shirts.   I can't recommend this book enough! These photos detail 4 separate shows you attended from the band in 1966. What were your initial impressions of each of the guys...Mike, Carl, Al, Dennis and Bruce? I met Dennis first and it was like we were instantly old friends. That’s the way Dennis was. I think it was a surfer to surfer thing. Here he ...

Bill Yerkes on Surfboards, Stratocasters, Striped Shirts

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy